Tuesday 25 June 2013

The Pig With A Wooden Leg.


The pig with a wooden leg.

Once upon a time, it wasn’t that long ago.

A journalist became lost on the back roads so he stopped at a farm to get directions. As he was talking to the farmer he noticed a pig with a wooden leg.

"How did the pig get a wooden leg?" he asked the farmer.

"Well", said the farmer, "that's a very special pig. One night, not too long ago we had a fire start in the barn, and that pig squealed that much he woke everyone up. By the time we got there hadn’t he herded all the other animals out of the burning barn? He saved them all."

“Is that was when he hurt his leg?" asked the journalist (smelling a story).

"Oh no, he came through that no bother. It was some time later when I was back in the big field when a mad dog attacked me. Well, the pig was close by and hearing the noise he came to help me. He chased the dog away. He saved my life that day”. Replied the farmer.

"Oh my god, you mean the dog bit his leg off?" asked the journalist.

"No no, he came away without a scratch. Though a few days later, I was working over in the far field on my tractor when it turned over in a ditch. I was thrown to the ground and caught under the tractor. Well luckily for me the pig was close by and heard me calling for help. He jumped into the ditch, grabbed my collar and pulled and pulled until he managed to get me free. He saved my life that day” said the farmer.

"Aah, so his leg got caught up in the tractor?" asked the newsman.

"No, no we both walked away from that one." said the farmer.

By this time the poor journalist was getting a wee bit hot under the collar.

"So how did he get the wooden leg?" asked the reporter?

"Well", the farmer replied, "If you had a pig that clever, you wouldn’t  eat him all at once?”

No comments:

Post a Comment