Thursday 4 July 2013

Murphy's hat.


Murphy’s Hat.

Pat Murphy showed up at Mass one Sunday and the priest almost fell out of the pulpit when he saw him. You see. Pat Murphy hadn’t been to church for years.

After Mass, the priest caught up with him & said,

"Hello Pat, I am so glad you decided to come to Mass. What made you come?"

Murphy said, "I got to be honest with you Father, a while back, I
misplaced me hat and I really, really love that hat. I know that
Duffy has a hat just like mine and I knew he came to church
every Sunday. I also knew that he had to take off his hat
during Mass and I figured he would leave it in the back of the church. So, I was going to leave after Communion & steal Duffy's
hat."

The priest said, "Well Pat, I notice that you didn't steal Duffy's hat. What changed your mind?"

Murphy replied, "Well, after I heard your sermon on the 10
Commandments I decided that I didn't need to steal Duffy's hat
after all."

With a tear in his eye the priest gave Murphy a big smile & said;

"After I talked about 'Thou Shalt Not Steal' you decided you would rather do without your hat than burn in hell, is that it?"

Murphy slowly shook his head. "No, Father, it was after you talked about 'Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery, ' it was then that I remembered where I left me hat."

No comments:

Post a Comment