Tuesday 26 November 2013

The Fox and The Cat.



And now a little story about:
                                          The Fox and The Cat.

 Once upon a time Mrs Cat met Mr Fox in the woods. She thought he is the most intelligent of all the woodland creatures and very highly thought of so I’d better say hello

“Good day my dear Mr Fox, how’s it going, how are you this fine day” she said in her most friendly manner

The fox, who was very arrogant, looked the cat up and down for quite a long time and eventually said,

“Oh you poor beard licker, you feline fool, you gormless mouse hunter. What are you thinking, how dare you speak to me. I know everything, I am well known for having hundreds of clever tricks but how many do you know” replied the fox.

“I only know one trick” answered the cat in a quiet voice,

“What kind of trick” asked the fox

“When the dogs are chasing me I can jump into a tree and save myself” said the cat

“Is that all” said the arrogant fox, “Well I am the master of a hundred tricks and I also have a large sack of cunning. I really do feel sorry for you. Come with me and I will teach you the right way to escape from dogs”

Just then a hunter came riding by with four dogs, the cat jumped nimbly up a tree and sat down on a high branch where the dogs couldn’t see her.

“Untie your sack of cunning Mr Fox” the cat shouted but it was too late, the dogs had already caught him.

“Oh Mr Fox” shouted the cat, “You and your hundred tricks have let you down, if only you had been able to climb a tree like me you would not have lost your life”

So you see, sometimes it is better to master one trade than to be the jack of all trades

No comments:

Post a Comment